By Nick Shepley,Mike Byrne
Exam Board: AQA
First instructing: September 2015
First examination: June 2016
Enhance and extend your scholars' wisdom and realizing in their AQA breadth examine via specialist narrative, revolutionary abilities improvement and bespoke essays from best historians on key debates.
- Builds scholars' knowing of the occasions and problems with the interval with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the most important innovations of swap, continuity, reason and outcome, encouraging scholars to make comparisons throughout time as they enhance in the course of the course
- Improves scholars' talents in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing by means of offering transparent tips and perform activities
- Boosts scholars' interpretative talents and curiosity in background via prolonged analyzing possibilities which include especially commissioned essays from working towards historians on correct debates
- Cements figuring out of the wide concerns underpinning the interval with overviews of the most important questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as convenient revision aids
Democracy, Empire and battle: Britain 1851-1964
This name explores political and social reform 1851-1914, the influence of either international Wars, the production of the Welfare country and the transformational social adjustments of the Nineteen Fifties and Sixties. It considers breadth problems with swap, continuity, reason and outcome during this interval via interpreting key questions about subject matters resembling democracy, ideology, financial system, society, Britain's' place on this planet and the impression of key individuals.
Read Online or Download AQA A-level History: Britain 1851-1964: Challenge and Transformation (AQA A Level History) PDF
Best uk history books
There's little systematic research on hand of Britain's contribution to East-West family members on the grounds that 1945, and specifically of Britain's contribution to East-West detente. often, British makes an attempt to behave as mediator among East and West were considered as ineffectual, and a slightly determined try and turn out that Britain may perhaps nonetheless wield impression at the international level.
Britain’s top enjoyed rural author chronicles the development of the seasons within the Stour valley village the place he has lived and labored between artists, writers, farmers and commuters. For all of the adjustments within the modern nation-state, undying features stay and either are captured right here with a poet’s knowing and mind's eye.
Although the 1st international struggle had ended, the conflict opposed to Britain's enemies persevered unabated through the interval of the Nineteen Twenties and Thirties. Buffeted through political interference and infrequently combating fortheir very survival, Britain's intelligence prone grew to become to struggle a brand new, clandestine struggle opposed to emerging powers Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany.
What used to be real looking within the Victorian underworld – who have been the criminals, what crimes did they devote, how did they arrive to a felony occupation, and what occurred to them once they have been published from criminal? Victorian Convicts, by way of telling the tales of 100 felony women and men, offers the reader an perception into their households and social historical past, the stipulations during which they lived, their relationships and dealing lives, and their offences.
- Echoes of Empire: Memory, Identity and Colonial Legacies (International Library of Colonial History)
- The Role of International Exhibitions in Britain, 1850-1910: Perceptions of Economic Decline and the Technical Education Issue
- Victorian Visions of Global Order: Empire and International Relations in Nineteenth-Century Political Thought (Ideas in Context)
- Social Unrest and Popular Protest in England, 1780–1840 (New Studies in Economic and Social History)
Extra resources for AQA A-level History: Britain 1851-1964: Challenge and Transformation (AQA A Level History)
AQA A-level History: Britain 1851-1964: Challenge and Transformation (AQA A Level History) by Nick Shepley,Mike Byrne