By Author Unknown,Raymond B. Hames
Read Online or Download Adaptive Responses of Native Amazonians (Studies in Anthropology) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Filling an important hole within the historiography, the essays during this quantity convey that debt slavery has performed an important function within the fiscal background of diverse societies which keeps even today.
Problems with improvement: in the direction of a brand new function for technological know-how and know-how offers the complaints of the Symposium on technology and expertise for improvement, held in Singapore on January 22–26, 1979. This ebook provides the categorical function for technological know-how in global affairs. geared up into 8 components encompassing forty four chapters, this compilation of papers starts off with an summary of the features and capability of recent technology to give a contribution boldly and constructively to a wide range of human difficulties.
The Anthropology of Morality in Melanesia and past examines how Melanesians adventure and care for ethical dilemmas and demanding situations. Taking Kenelm Burridge’s seminal paintings as their start line, the participants concentration upon public occasions and kinds of people who exemplify key moral contradictions for contributors of ethical groups.
This e-book demanding situations the methods we predict approximately human employer through the creativity, ethics, and capacities for social transformation which are embedded in uncomplicated activities of “doing”. Stemming from ethnographic learn with households within the uk as a part of a much broader interdisciplinary venture taking a look at family strength call for, this publication probes a few mundane methods to time—such as spontaneity, anticipation, and “family time”—and the ways that they expand moral imaginations, create new types of sociality, and engender human service provider.
- Ancient Text Messages of the Yoruba Bata Drum: Cracking the Code (SOAS Musicology Series)
- Miracles and Extraordinary Experience in Northern Kenya (Contemporary Ethnography)
- Global Indigenous Politics: A Subtle Revolution (Worlding Beyond the West)
- Alcohol: Social Drinking in Cultural Context (Routledge Series for Creative Teaching and Learning in Anthropology)
- México Profundo: Reclaiming a Civilization (Translations from Latin America Series)
- Les Bira et les Peuplades Limitrophes: Central Africa Belgian Congo Part II: Volume 47
Additional resources for Adaptive Responses of Native Amazonians (Studies in Anthropology)
Adaptive Responses of Native Amazonians (Studies in Anthropology) by Author Unknown,Raymond B. Hames